- Consultant Cardiac Surgeon
- MBBS MRCS(Eng) MD FRCS (C-Th) -1997
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Clinical interests
- Adult cardiac surgery
Mr. Aziz Momin graduated in medicine from Kings College Hospital, University of London, in 1997. Subsequently obtained his MRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He was awarded a clinical research fellowship at the British Heart Foundation Laboratories of Professor Ajay Shah at Kings College Hospital and Medical School. Having completed his MD Clinical Research Fellowship in 2005, he was awarded his MD from the University of London and was subsequently awarded the Arris and Gale Lectureship from the Royal College of Surgeons of England (2009-10). He then completed his national higher surgical training in cardiothoracic surgery at St Bartholomew's, London Chest, Royal Brompton, Manchester Royal Infirmary and Harefield Hospital. He was awarded his FRCS (C-Th) and returned as a senior registrar at Imperial College. He was subsequently appointed as Consultant Cardiac Surgeon and Senior Lecturer at St. George's Hospital and Medical School in 2013.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal Society of Medicine - Cardiothoracic Section, Council Member
- The Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain and Ireland Member
- St. Georges Hospital
- Senior Lecturer at St George's Hospital and Medical School
- Endothelial dysfunction, mini cardiopulmonary bypass, CRP, leptin, coronary artery patency rates.
Key Published Papers
- The association between inflammation, statin therapy and saphenous vein endothelial function in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery J Thor Cardiovasc Surgery 2007 Aug; 134(2):335-41
- Leptin is an endothelial independent vasodilator in humans with coronary artery disease: evidence for tissue specificity of leptin resistance Eur Heart Journal 2006 27: p. 2294-2299
- Incidence of sternal infection in diabetic patients undergoing bilateral internal thoracic artery grafting - The Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2005; 80:1765-72
- Miniaturized cardiopulmonary bypass: the Hammersmith technique Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery 2013, 8:143
- Reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase-derived superoxide and vascular endothelial dysfunction in human heart failure. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008 Apr 8;51(14):1349-56. doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2007.12.033.
2021 Event Lectures
- Summary of lectures given by speaker shown below.
- Day 1 adult cardiac surgery and Day 4 interactive cardiac surgery lecturer.
- The complete event schedule can be viewed by clicking button below.
Clinical Trials in Coronary Artery Disease
Interactive Cardiac Cases FRCS CT exam