- Senior Clinical Fellow in Congenital Cardiac Surgery - Guy’s and St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Congenital Cardiac Surgery
Shafi qualified from Cambridge University and the Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine with Honours in 1997. He was awarded a British Heart Foundation Junior Research Fellowship in 2001 to study the modulation of vasospasm in radial artery bypass grafts. He was awarded a doctorate by Cambridge University in 2008.He trained in the generality of Cardiothoracic Surgery predominantly at Papworth Hospital, Cambridge before undertaking sub-specialty training in Congenital Cardiothoracic Surgery in Birmingham, London, and Paris.His interests are neonatal cardiac surgery, aortic surgery in adult congenital heart disease, and education and mentorship in congenital cardiac surgery.
- The Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain and Ireland Member
- British Congenital Cardiac Association
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England
2021 Event Lectures
- Summary of lectures given by speaker shown below.
- Day 2 Congenital Surgery lecturer.
- The complete event schedule can be viewed by clicking button below.
Coarctation of the Aorta - Interrupted Aortic Arch
Ventricular Septal Defect
Atrioventricular Septal Defect
Pulmonary Stenosis – Pulmonary Atresia Intact Ventricular Septum
VIEW FACULTY PROFILES
2021 GUEST SPEAKER PROFILES
Professor Gebrine El Khoury
Professor Prakash Punjabi
Professor Laurent De Kerchove