- Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- Minimal access/invasive surgery
- Valvular heart surgery
- Off pump CABG; Aortic valve repair / replacement
- Mitral valve repair/replacement
Mr. Venkatachalam Chandrasekaran came to the UK in 1989 and trained under Professor Sir Magdi Yacoub at Harefield Hospital. He has been working as consultant cardiac surgeon at St George’s Hospital since 1999. Mr. Chandrasekaran specialises in beating heart coronary bypass grafts; mitral valve repair, including minimally invasive techniques; atrial fibrillation surgery; aortic valve and surgery of the aorta, including arch surgery and is renowned for doing high-risk complex surgery involving multiple procedures.
VIEW FACULTY PROFILES
2021 GUEST SPEAKER PROFILES
Professor Gebrine El Khoury
Professor Prakash Punjabi
Professor Laurent De Kerchove
2021 Event Lectures
- Summary of lectures given by speaker shown below.
- Day 1 adult cardiac surgery lecturer.
- The complete event schedule can be viewed by clicking button below.
Tricuspid and Multiple Valve Disease
Prosthetic Valve Selection