FCPS, MRCSEd, FRCS (C-Th), MBA
In the past, Vinayak Bapat was a Professor in Columbia University and Director of advance Mitral and Tricuspid therapy. He is now a Chief of Cardiothoracic In Minneapolis Heart Institute and Surgical director of Valve center. Professor Bapat is also an assistant professor of surgery at CUMC. Professor Bapat specializes in the minimally invasive and percutaneous treatment of structural heart disease with a focus on mitral and tricuspid therapies. Professor Bapat did a fellowship program at Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh and joined CUMC in 2017 from Guys and St. Thomas’ hospital, London.
European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgery. Techno-College Award for Innovation, 2013
- 2014: Patent on new valve design feature to facilitate future valve-in-valve procedure
- 2013: Aortic valve-in-valve app (>20,000 downloads in 92 countries)
- 2013: Mitral valve-in-valve app (>10,000 downloads in 86 countries)
- 2009: TransAortic (Tao) approach for TAVI
- May 2017–present: Associate professor, New York Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia Medical Center , New York, USA
- September 2015–present: Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Kings College London & Guys and St Thomas’ Hospital, London, UK
- October 2007–present: Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Guys and St. Thomas’ Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
- February 2014–present: Lead, Transcatheter Mitral Valve programme, Guys and St. Thomas’ Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
2021 Event Lectures
- Summary of lectures given by speaker shown below.
- Day 4 Special lecturer.
- The complete event schedule can be viewed by clicking button below.
MV repair in Degenerative and Ischaemic MR
VIEW FACULTY PROFILES
2021 GUEST SPEAKER PROFILES